Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter Thus Far

I have been thoroughly enjoying this Easter season.  Even the snowstorm I almost secretly enjoyed:)  Keyword being almost.  Anyway, like I said, I've loved celebrating Easter.  On both a spiritual level and just a fun level.  I always enjoy it, but this year seems extra good to me for some reason. 
 
Last weekend was Communion at my church.  We always have it on Palm Sunday.  It was such a special evening, as it always is.  I know that our congregation really loves each other all the time,  but Communion night always seems to be the night when everyone actually tells each other how much they love them.  Love flows, tears flow, and people come away feeling so fulfilled and appreciative.
 
A couple days before Communion I had watched The Passion of the Christ.  I had not seen it since it came out (like, going on 10 years now) and while I know we can't know exactly what happened that day, the movie helps to really reflect on how it might have been.  Perhaps one of the reasons I've loved this year??
 
On the fun side, my nieces came out to decorate eggs the other night.  We had 12 different colors of dye so it really only took us about 20 or 30 minutes to decorate 4 dozen eggs! 
 

 
One thing that I just love about my little hometown is the cross at Easter time.  Thanks to the coal mines back in the day, we have a "mountain" in town.  Mount Jumbo.  At Christmas time the city workers put a lit up star on top of the Jumbo and at Easter they put up a cross.  I love that even in a time when people are trying to snuff out the name of Jesus, the cross still gets put up for all to see.  When I swung by to get a picture of it, I had greater visions of what it might look like on my camera, but I guess I can't be too picky with my little point and shoot:)

 
Happy Easter everyone!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I usually do not leave a great deal of responses, bbut after reading a few of the responses on "Easter Thus Far".
I actually do have 2 questions for you if
it's okay. Could itt be simply mme oor do a few of these
comments look as if they aree coming from bran dead individuals?
:-P And, if you are writing at other sites, I would like
to keep up with everything fresh you have to post.
Would you post a list of all of aall your shared pages like your linkediin profile, Facebook
page or twitter feed?

Check out myy blog ... temporary agencies los angeles

Anonymous said...

Hi there everybody, here every person is sharing such experience, therefore it's pleasant to read this web site, and
I used to visit this website everyday.

Review my page ... home cleaning services in douglasville ga